BUA Group started business in 1988 as a Private Limited Liability Company specializing in the importation and marketing of iron & steel, agricultural and industrial chemicals. Since then it has rapidly developed into a fully-fledged, diversified business with a stake in a wide range of business sectors.
BUA (LASUCO) Sugar Plantation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Surveyor
Location: Lafiagi, Kwara
- Responsible for Sugarcane field surveying for land preparation and cultivation activities and overall survey activities.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
- Coordinates survey engineers to ensure land is levelled and ready for irrigation
- Ensures correct mapping of hectares planted
- Maintain roads for sugarcane transport and infield roads.
- Prepare new land projects regarding surveying for plantation extension
- Design of canal heads, drains direction, water recycling, slope, field layout for the cultivation fields.
- Maintaining records on land (boundaries) and coordinates with the community relations department
- Coordinates with fleet management for machines availing in the field
- Making use of the remote sensing technology for yield prediction, levelling, boarders, area by satellite.
- Prepares budget for the survey section and submits to the agricultural manager for approval.
- Ensure adherence to budget by controlling the inputs.