Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges.
Job Title: Senior Systems Strengthening Advisor
Requisition No.: SENIO01972
Job Category: Programs
- This position is for an upcoming education project in Nigeria, which seeks to improve student access to school and literacy outcomes in a language they use and understand in Grades 1-3 in select areas of Nigeria, equitably and sustainable.
- The Senior Systems Strengthening Advisor provides technical support and guidance to the project’s work in strengthening systems to improve the literacy outcomes of students in Grades 1-3.
- The Senior Systems Strengthening Advisor’s work will be primarily concentrated in the areas of support and capacity building for targeted states, local governments, and education authorities to adopt and implement pro-poor, evidence-based data driven policies and approaches to effectively leverage and use their financial, human and materials resources.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Senior Systems Strengthening Advisor reports to the Deputy Chief of Party and will directly supervise program staff.
- Provides technical leadership to the project team, USAID, and other stakeholders on high-quality capacity development interventions;
- Facilitates a process with state governments and other stakeholders to map and review existing policy, capacity and resource gaps and develop context appropriate action plans;
- Improves the capacity of government education officials to develop leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills to effectively implement and track progress against policies and regulations with regard to access and reading;
- Provides coaching on various issues including data analysis and evidence-based decision making, monitoring, and staff mentoring;
- Supervises and provides quality assurance to the production of activity-supported capacity building materials, trainings, coaching, and assessments;
- Ensures that activities and approaches across geographic areas are complementary and equitable, including underserved populations and those in need of inclusive education;
- Liaises with government representatives and technicians on technical matters; and
- Manages, leads, and mentors technical staff.