Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist - MEAL
Job Reference Code: STM5720
Locations: Benue, Lagos
Department: Programs / FASTER
Reports to: Zonal Technical / Program Lead
Employment Type: Temporary Hire - 3 Months
- The Senior Technical Specialist (STS) MEAL will provide overall support in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) towards effective pediatric HIV service delivery especially referrals for specialized services, logistic and commodity management system in the State. This will include among others; strengthening FBOs, State Coordination platforms in the use of SOPs and strategy for the rollout and scale up of HIV self-testing for pediatrics and adolescents.
- In collaboration with FASTER technical team, SMWASD, SASCP, SACA and relevant private sector actors, facilitate the participation of FBOs and networks in the activities of the State HIV TWG and ensure capacity building of FBOs and networks on quality HIV service delivery, case management, data management and data demand and use.
- In addition, The STS MEAL will coordinate over all MEAL activities related to OVC programs and interventions in the state, and specifically provide technical support for the effective functioning of the National OVC Management Information System (NOMIS) at the SMWASD and other relevant ministries departments and agencies (MDAs) and ensure compliance to data management SOPs including accurate and time reporting of results to key stakeholders at the state and to the FASTER national office via the MEAL Director, on schedule and ad-hoc basis.
Qualifications and Skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in social science, biostatistics or related field. A Masters' degree in public health or statistics will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in MEAL, data management and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Up to five years in PEPFAR program implementation; experience in supervising and providing MEAL technical assistance for PEPFAR HIV, OVC and Adolescent programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government, CSOs and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Proven inter-personal skills for effective teamwork; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, working under pressure, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience, excellent partnership and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment with dependable ability to dialogue, network, and work effectively with senior managers of local and international institutions.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume in a single file (PDF Format) indicating "Job Ref Code and Location" as the subject of the email to: email@example.com Applications must reach us on or before (i.e. 5:00pm), May 21, 2020.
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- CTCRST recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Use the emails(s) below to apply