ARM is a leading group of companies situated in Nigeria with branches scattered across the country. Arm Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Treasury Associate
Location: Lagos, NG
- Ensure adequate liquidity is available to meet strategic objectives and financial obligations
- Oversee cash management banking and financial institution relationships. Negotiate bank and service fees. Implement new bank technologies, products and services to improve cash cycle and simplify company operations.
- Manage the disbursement and collection process to and from country offices
- Minimise the cost of capital for the company
- Manage the risk from interest rates, and other forms of exposure (e.g., foreign exchange) in line with strategy and risk appetite
- Ensuring that the company's cash flow is adequate to allow it to operate effectively
- Evaluate alternative long-term borrowing strategies and make recommendations in accordance with the capital structure guidelines
- Forecast cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow and perform financial modelling
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures. Develop and monitor treasury operational policies.
- Capital and liquidity report
- Disbursement and collection process plan
- Liquidity management-60%
- Domestic fundraising -20%
- Agency relationships-15%
- Interest expense as a percentage of sales - total interest payments made by the
- Group in the last financial year as a percentage of total sales (15%)
- Growth rate in interest expense - percentage growth rate in value of interest payments made by the Group in the last financial year (15%)
- Debt to total assets ratio - the ratio of total debt to total assets (15%)
- Number of credit rating upgrades in the last financial year - total number of times the Group’s credit rating was upgraded in the last financial year (15%)
- Number of credit rating downgrades in the last financial year - total number of times the Group’s credit rating was downgraded in the last financial year (10%)
Reports and Processes:
- Timeliness of management reports - percentage of management reports that are delivered to the target audience as per the agreed deadlines (5%)
- Quality of Management Reports - Variance between expected and actual cash flow, liquidity requirements, etc. (5%)
- Timeliness of processes - on time disbursement and repayments of funds to country office (5%)
- Direct report feedback - the annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched to direct reports (10%)
- Feedback from direct leader - qualitative judgement (5%)
- Excellent understanding of real estate market and financial needs
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, bankin, and financial instruments
- Knowledge of treasury software expertise is a plus
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures
- Gathers information nationally and internationally about what could be; visualises the future and assesses what needs to change; thinks strategically, considers wider effects thoroughly, including customers, shareholders and people; promotes and builds enthusiasm for the vision.
- Balances the needs of the stakeholder triangle; assimilates and analyses relevant information; identifies core principles, and applies them consistently to decisions; identifies and mitigates risks; creative in providing solutions; owns decisions.
- Good planning/project management skills
- Exceptional negotiation, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding people leadership and management skills. Ability to drive change management across the organisation
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and oral
- Sets milestones and timeframes to achieve objectives and operational requirements; determines priorities and allocates responsibilities and manages workflow; establishes measures and monitoring systems; monitors unit and individual performance, putting (joint) action plans in place to address areas of non-compliance; anticipates hurdles and has contingency plans to get around them