Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako, Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey. Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives. Working with the private and public sectors, SFH adopts social marketing and behaviour change communication to improve access to essential health information, services, and products to motivate the adoption of healthy behaviours.
Job Title: Service Delivery and Quality Manager
- The service and quality manager will coordinate all activities relating the quality service delivery in the provision of family planning and other primary healthcare services among community pharmacists and Patent and Proprietary Medicines Vendors (PPMVs).
- S/He will develop, adapt and implement service protocols in line with established national standards and procedures
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Develop quality guidelines and procedures for the provision of family planning and primary healthcare services (PHCs) in line with National service guideline and protocols.
- S/he will work with PCN to integrate the quality standard for clinical services into the exiting quality control and supervision framework of the Council.
- Regularly update the quality guidelines and procedures as new information becomes available from WHO or the FMOH and ensure timely dissemination
- Carry out routine quality and service compliance audits of CPs and PPMVs to ensure they constantly meet the quality standards and requirements for providing FP and PHC services
- Develop an audit and service compliance monitoring plan for each state.
- Conduct a routine quality and compliance audit for CPs and PPMVs and share key recommendations with the state teams, SMOH and PCN (where necessary).
- Develop and implement a training and continuous improvement plan.
- Constantly train and update State Service Delivery Advisors and the entire team on quality guidelines for providing FP and PHC services.
- Provide routine training for State Service Delivery Advisors and state team on quality services and compliance.
- Maintain a record of state officers who have received quality and compliance training on FP and PHC services and update this from time to time.
- Coordinate and support CPs to achieve competency in delivering Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptive methods, Injectable Contraceptives and other non-invasive methods of family planning in line with the agreement with FMOH and the State Ministries of Health.
- Participate in the development of training materials and job aids for FP and other PHC services.
- Work with the State Service Delivery Advisors to review progress made by each of the CPs and PPMV and develop a mentorship and supervision plan based on competency gaps.
- Provide periodic report of all CPs and PPMVs based on the position on competency scale and make appropriate recommendations.
- Development of training manuals, Job Aids, service tools for FP, Malaria, Diarrhea, Pneumonia
- Represent the National Program Director in any other high-level meetings and engagements as may be required from time to time.
- Carry out any other functions necessary for meeting the project goals as may be assigned by the National Program Director.