Synapse Services is a "Center for Psychological Medicine", that specializes in the provision of psychological and counselling services, Inpatient and Outpatient Mental Health and rehabilitation services.
We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure quality assurance in the delivery of our services while overseeing the overall Customer Service/Admin functions across all synapse sites.
- Take inquiries from patients or their relatives with regards to our services, prices and operations.
- Interface with Visitors/Clients and clearly address their inquires. Focus on providing exceptional services resulting in customer satisfaction and positive Feed back.
- Opening of patients’ files for newly registered patients, allotting Hospital and Medical record Number and retrieving of patients files when clients come for follow up.
- Check that all discharged patients are properly followed up by primary clinicians. Provide admin functions; filing, answering telephone calls, compiling and typing of official documents as required, photocopying and distributing materials, correspondence.
- Receive, dispatch and disseminate official correspondence.
- Assist in the procurement of office items when the need arises
Facility Management - Set up systems and processes for the smooth running of all day to day office administrative activities:
- Oversee purchasing function: negotiate price, quality and delivery; approving invoices
- Ensure the availability of necessary supplies by identifying procurement needs of the Office- reception, departments, kitchen, wards and all areas of the facility.
- Ensure there is an effective communication system where needs are identified and resolved.
- Ensure effective planning and execution of operations by reducing waste levels
- Oversee Facility’s maintenance needs; Supervises the maintenance and repairs of Company’s infrastructure, vehicles and equipment.
- Manage the provision of general support services, including cleaning and upkeep of the office premises
- Ensure the kitchen unit and security unit deliver professional services.
The Job Holder also oversees the following across Mustard and Oleaster:
- Facility Management: The running of the Cleaning division, Diesel, Water, Electricity management, Internet, Stationeries and Kitchen Purchases. Overall Management of the Facility building and its interior.
- Maintenance: Supervises Generator, Electrical, Plumbing and other related maintenance Practices
- Manage the cleaning and hygiene of the facility by ensuring the Cleaners are early and they have all their materials to discharge their duties, all internal offices and layout must be clean before start of work.
- Ensure the external compound is cleaned properly by the Janitors, i.e Sweeping, watering, cutting and trimming of shrubs, as well as the outside perimeter fencing.
- Procure diesel from cost and product effective supplier. Ensures the generator is filled up regularly and locked up with this measure taken daily to confirm quantity and next purchase. Checks that the generator record book is completed each time diesel is purchased.
- The post holder should ensure that drinking water is always available; the Facility has water dispenser canisters, these are to be purchased regularly to avoid shortages.
- Electricity reload credit should be purchased regularly; the consumption rate should also be monitored by ensuring office appliances not in use (e.g. air conditioners, light bulbs etc) are switched off.
- Ensure there’s an adequate supply of office stationeries; Collate stationary requisition for all units and purchase appropriately.
- Stationeries include A4 Paper, files, pin, toner, paper clippers, diary etc.
- The cooks are to collate all food items for purchase approval; purchased food items should be monitored to ensure effectiveness. The post holder must check on store usage on weekly basis to ensure proper use and monitor the use of gas cooker to ensure both cylinders never run out at the same time.
Human Resource Function:
- Participate in the recruitment process of some staff
- Assist with periodic staff training
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Produce monthly charted report of overall expenses, diesel, water, gas, stationeries and kitchen. Analyse the report and proffer means of cost reductions.
- Develop a monitoring system that flags up when items are in low stock and ensure restocking prior to need.
- Source for dealer/suppliers of all regular purchases; enter a monthly agreement of payment and quantity while maintaining relationship.
- Produce a weekly activity report of all tasks done and progress level.
- Maintain a repair log of all appliances specifying the location and nature of repair.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues, management and clients.
- Review customer service delivery as a link to driving business in all units on a monthly basis across all centres.
- Check and review admin and customer service practices across all Admin desks on a weekly basis.