Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Manager
Department: Operations Department
Reporting to: Senior Manager; Service Management
Job type: Full-time
Band: Band G
Employment Type: Permanent
- To maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of current methodologies, technologies and services as employed by the Customer and as promoted by the Company whilst maintaining an awareness of future trends within the market place.
- Ensures all credit notes issues are resolved timely and produce necessary reports for the client and management.
- Ensure all service related incidents are promptly followed up and immediate escalation set in motion to enable prompt feedback to the client without necessarily relying on the CSOC engineers for communications to the clients. The escalation needs to be promptly followed up with the relevant parties to ensure prompt resolution.
- Service Manager must ensure all the backhauls and project related issues under his/her care are proactively monitored and flagged once the backhauls are 70% utilized. This will ensure proactive action/escalation to the installs team before attaining any congestion level whereby services will be impacted. This must form part of the month end reports.
- Aligns self and extended delivery team with business strategies to deliver and meet metrics for process and service expectations as set and agreed.
- Adherence to ITIL and ISO Service Management processes.
- Ensure that all service related documentation is up to date at all times.
- Support the Head of Service management in achieving his/her objectives.
Detailed Principal Objectives
- By virtue of the fact that we sell an IT service it is deemed that things will break and will have to be fixed. It is this interaction that largely determines the client’s satisfaction.
- As a service manager you are a single point of contact for all service related issues. It is the interaction between the client and service manager that ensures that the customer is delighted at all times.
- The service manager needs to ensure customer Loyalty which invariably lead to Devoting the customer.
- If you continue to ensure that the services that the client purchases are working according to their needs and expectations, it is expected that they will retain these services with us. It is important to ensure that the product is relevant and working.
Speed of Incident Management (Break Fix) and fault resolution/ management of churns:
- When service related incidents occur, it is the service manager’s responsibility to ensure that the issues are fixed in a satisfactory way. Necessary follow up and escalations must be picked up timely to ensure MTTR is not breached. Thereby ensuring zero churn rates. Prompt follow up must be enhanced and immediate escalation set in motion to enable prompt feedback to the client without relying on the CSOC engineers for communications to the clients. The escalation needs to be promptly followed up with the relevant parties to ensure prompt resolution. It is the Service Manager’s responsibility to follow up and ensure resolution and most importantly customer satisfaction and zero churn rates!
Strengthening Customer Relationship and Ties:
- Building client confidence in IS and its products and maintain a trustful relationship with clients.
Optimisation and Performance Management:
- The customer's services need to be analysed. Once the service manager has an understanding of the optimal configuration it is their responsibility to offer suggestions on how best to optimize. Invariably, all clients’ backhauls and its services must be effectively checked from time to time and reporting effected on it.
- Service Manager must ensure all the backhauls and project related issues under his/her care are proactively monitored and flagged once the backhauls are 70% utilized.
- This will ensure proactive action/escalation to the installs team and AM before attaining any congestion level whereby services will be impacted. This must form part of the month end reports.
- The individual will need to create a trusted business relationship with the customer and proactively manage the business relationship in order to forecast client needs and demands. Professionalism is key.