Ascentech Services Limited - Our client, a leading FMCG group is in need of a suitably qualified candidate for its fertilizer plant operations to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Electrical-in-charge
- Responsible for all operations on the plant
- Overall responsibility for the isolation of all electrical and mechanical plant with subsequent issue of Electrical and Mechanical Permits for Work, Sanctions for Test, Permits for Work
- Responsibility for the supervision and management of the fertilizer plant Operations staff to ensure that the plant is being operated as efficiently and safely as possible, and checking where necessary to ensure that operational requirements are being met, with particular reference to boiler pressure raising, emission controls, turbo-alternator run up and emergency conditions.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all agreed routine plant checks and testing are being carried out to the specified frequencies and in accordance with Plant Operating Instructions, and that boiler, turbine, control room and auxiliary plant log sheets are filled in correctly, and at the prescribed frequency.
- Responsibility for the reporting and prioritizing of defects which require attention by maintenance and other support departments and contractors in accordance with plant procedures.
- Responsibility for keeping a full and complete, detailed, Shift log of all aspects of Plant Operation with special reference to Operations of a non-routine nature, and especially non-routine high voltage switching.
- Responsibility for preparing detailed reports of incidents/accidents for investigation and enquiry, and taking charge of Fire and First Aid activities as appropriate, and completing reports of these incidents in accordance with specified reporting procedures.
- Responsibility for all aspects of Operations shift management, including cover arrangements for holidays, sickness or other shift changes.
- Responsibility for ensuring that any Quality, Safety or Environmental Systems procedures which they are responsible for managing or undertaking, are performed in accordance with appropriate requirements.
- Responsibility for identifying and planning the training needs of their team members within their area of responsibility.
- Monitoring of short term contractors and maintenance staff within the Energy Centre, outside normal office hours.
- Conduct Risk Assessment reviews as necessary, to include audits of existing Operational Risk Assessments
- The overall control of raw materials on shift, this includes loading/off-loading, consumption rates and communications to relevant suppliers ensuring continuous compliant operations of the fertilizer plant.