APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
Job Title: Shift Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial
- Manage all terminal operations during a shift in accordance with plans within the parameters of customer requirements, management direction and safe working practices to achieve agreed levels of productivity and customer service by optimum utilization of recourses.
- Ensure that all personnel within the shift work efficiently to meet Terminal goals, including the external suppliers and serve as primary informational contact for all members of the organization during vessel port call.
- Coordinate and monitor terminal planning and operations to ensure vessels meet sailing or berthing deadlines and ensure proactive action on any foreseen issues. (No changes to be made without consent of relevant Planning).
- Liaise with engineering department shift management to maximise equipment availability and effectiveness.
- ls responsible for efficient allocation of all shift operational staff and the cost-effective utilisation of equipment resources to match the operational requirements of the terminal.
- Ensure that recognised safe working practices are utilised for all terminal operations and maintain effective implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Provide first line of response for emergency situations and damage assessments.
- Provide terminal presence by maintaining significant visibility checks all quay side and yard activities continuously throughout shift and prepare operational reports as required by management.
- Ensure quay crane idle time is minimal to enable continuous and smooth operations.
- Assist in the development of staff to ensure they perform at efficient and effective levels by monitoring performances taking appropriate action in order they reach full potential.
- Contribute to “on the job” training of supervisory staff and undertake other duties within capabilities as required by senior management.
- Liaise with the Customer Services Manager to continually review, identify and recommend improved operating procedures and systems where required.
- Ability to work in a shift system covering day, night, weekend and holiday duty and if required working overtime.
- Provide first line of response for emergency situations and assessments.
- The incumbent is expected to ensure that daily activities contribute to the achievement of operational results. Responsibility for the execution of day to day operational activities.