The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria's most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Engineer
Business: Oil & Gas
Function/Domain: Constructions (CONS)
- The site engineer will play a vital role in the supervision of the construction and hookup work at both onshore and offshore locations.
- He will offer advice in the planning, coordination, supervision of technical aspects, solving of technical issues and preparing of timely and necessary reports.
- The Site Engineer shall be responsible for supervising construction and hookup work at both onshore and offshore locations.
- The SE will report to the Installation Manager and will be the Company’s representative for all activities that occur at the job location and shall be the arbiter of any and all disputes over specifications, drawings, timesheets, extra work, etc. required for the work.
- The SE will direct and monitor the contractors, subcontractor, and employees in their scheduling, planning, and execution of the work required to fulfill all contractual obligations.
- The SE will be authorized by the Company to verify and sign daily timesheets for workers and equipment and for any extra work and/or personnel required above and beyond the original scope of work.
- The SE will set goals and priorities on a regular basis for the contractors, subcontractors, Company employees, and other site workers reporting to him to ensure that all Company standards and goals are met.
- The SE shall prepare regular reports to management on the progress of the work, problems that occur and suggestions for improvement in any area within his purview.
- The SE will interface with other Company departments and projects to ensure that interferences are minimized and the best and most cost-effective solutions are found to common problems. The SE is an important link between management and the ongoing work.