Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client, a multinational Cement Manufacturing giant with assets across the lenght and breath of Nigeria and Africa, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Lifting Supervisor
Job type: Full-time
- Under management of Safety Manager, the site Lifting Supervisor has the primary responsibility to ensure lifting and rigging Safety Standards are implemented on site
- Coach/Train Company and contractor’s site employees regarding Rigging and lifting
- Acts as a change agent
- Aims for zero accident on site and challenge contractors on their practices of lifting and rigging.
- Works in full coordination with the Safety, Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil Work Coordinators
- Carries out continuous inspection on all safety aspects, especially lifting and rigging
- Reports any incidents timely and accurately, investigate and insure follow-up of remedial actions
- On a day-to-day basis, assures consistence of Permit To Work/Method statements versus work performed
- Controls implementation of safety rules and procedures during lifting activities
- Control and validate contractor’s lifting plan (including Rigging details)
- Continuously and pro-actively inspects the quality of lifting equipment and tools (Cranes, slings, shackles…) together with the contractor
- Participates to the investigation of FI’s, LTI’s, MTI’s and significant events andimplement safety action plans. Personally assist to major lifting activities
- Review and validate PTW on Safety Manager Request.Keep himself informed about ongoing site activities based on PTW log.
- Participates in the internal safety team meetings.