CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Job Title: Social Behavior Change Assistant - 3 positions
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 - 3 years
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Supervisor: Communication Reporting and Advocacys Officer.
Location: Nguru, Yusufari, and Yunusari Yobe State.
Slot: 3 Positions.
This position will support the Communications and Advocacy Officer and the Livelihood and Nutrition team to develop effective behavior change strategies and tools targeting key populations including branding and market segmentation strategies, social media campaigns, training materials and counseling tools.
- Support in formative research on end users for the development of the targeted SBCC programming;
- Work with key stakeholders and communities to develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy and related guidelines and tools that will facilitate the improvements in practices to crop and livestock production and management, income generating activities and savings and loans.
- Mobilize and advocate for support at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment for the delivery of interventions;
- Support in Conducting capacity building activities to increase the effectiveness of Project management committee and technical committees to implement SBCC activities for key populations.
- Support in the establishment of Zero Hunger villages as per donor requirement.
- Provide technical assistance, in community sensitization and mobilization and behavior change communications, to the targeted population.
- In collaboration with program team, develop key behavior change messages to communicate to targeted populations and monitor the same.
- Support in Identifying advocacy opportunities in order to ensure project success. Such opportunities will include but not limited to radio messages, advocacy forums, and community.
- Support engagement sessions and information on education communication materials.
- Work with M&E officer, and program team to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of SBCC activities on a quarterly basis.
- The SBCC Assistants will contribute to production and distribution of periodic success stories as well as producing advocacy briefs and leaflets.
- Compilation and submission of monthly and quarterly communication and advocacy reports to the reporting manager
- The SBCC Assistant will assist in coming up with advocacy and communication plans that will involve all beneficiaries and stake holders and ensure the targeted beneficiaries are reached.
- Carry out any other activities deemed appropriately by the supervisor.