In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Social Engagement/Welfare Assistant (3 slots)
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Social Engagement/Welfare Officer
The Social Engagement/Welfare Officer shall support and assist the Officer in the coordination of community engagement and mobilization activities.
- Assist the officer to coordinate psychosocial support and community-based protection programming.
- Assist in support to strengthening of child protection community-based systems inclusive of developing trainings.
- Ensure availability of training materials at training venues for training of men and boys, women and girls on social norms change.
- Participate in community mobilization/sensitization campaigns in collaboration with the officer.
- Assist in ensuring that beneficiaries are informed and regularly reminded about their entitlements from the project and the confidential complaints mechanisms.
- Provide support to the Officer in resource mobilization efforts by participating in rapid assessments.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.