In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Social Engagement/Welfare Officer
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The Social Engagement/Welfare Officer shall coordinate and lead community engagement and mobilization activities for the response programmes in line with International minimum standards in Northeast Nigeria.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy
- Coordinate the psychosocial support and community-based protection programming interfacing with other programme team members.
- Support the strengthening of child protection community-based systems inclusive of developing trainings, supervision/coaching tools, monitoring, and tracking tools and improve referral systems.
- Conduct and supervise training with men and boys, women and girls on social norms change.
- Support the establishment and strengthening of community-based mechanisms and groups including adolescent peer groups, child protection committees, children’s clubs, parent groups and informal foster caregivers.
- Design and facilitate community mobilization/sensitization campaigns in collaboration with Community Engagement Workers, Community Based Protection Mechanisms, and children/adolescents.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist
- Ensure beneficiaries are informed and regularly reminded about their entitlements from the project, and the confidential complaints mechanisms;
- Support resource mobilization efforts by participating in rapid assessments, project reviews and related tasks that will ensure adequate information for proposal development.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.