In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Job Title: Social Media Content Creation Manager
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
- The Social Media Content Creation Manager will administer the project’s social media accounts.
- H/she will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers.
- H/she is expected to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies, social media trends and be able to express the project’s views creatively.
- Handle all the project’s social media presence and ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with project goals
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Collaborate with IT, programs and Communication teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor their reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor