The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Using accepted best practices, develops digital strategies, leading on content execution and engagement with priority audiences.
- Design and implement social media strategy that supports the delegation's operational priorities and public communication objectives.
- Monitor Search Engine Optimization and web traffic metrics
- Promotes innovative digital products and keeps abreast of latest trends on digital content.
- Creates, edits, repurposes and publishes a wide variety of engaging content for digital channels, using audiovisual products (videos, photos, etc.); provides the archives with appropriate versions of these digital materials for reuse.
- Ensures the accurate, timely and effective delivery of digital content, optimized for search and audience engagement, partnering with Audiovisual Producers, social media leads, Web Editors and Digital Officers both at headquarters and in the regional communication centres and delegations.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor target audience reviews
- Oversee social media accounts design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures)
- Identifies and seizes reactive opportunities, contributing digital input to quick turn-around campaigns, working internally with Public Relations Officers and externally with media counterparts.
- Trains, guides and supports colleagues in managing and reporting on digital platforms and activities; advises and supports them in their ongoing activities.
- Supervises ad buys to ensure positioning of the ICRC on key contexts, themes and issues, coordinating with the digital marketing lead at headquarters.