Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Officer - 'Love in time of Corona' Project
Programs: Africa - West
Duration: 12 months
Full Time - Local
About the Project
- Search for Common Ground (Search) in partnership with the European Union will implement a rapid-response “Love in the Time of Corona” campaign that will support an effective, conflict-sensitive response to the COVID-19 pandemic in a way that prevents further deterioration of social cohesion in fragile contexts in Africa, namely in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Nigeria.
- This action has a two-fold purpose: on the one hand, it aims to render the response to the pandemic in the targeted countries more effective by ensuring citizen acceptance of the response through access to reliable information on the other, it will mitigate the negative impact of the crisis on social cohesion and prevent it from exacerbating existing conflict dynamics.
- The Media products will Demystify myths around Covid19 disease; Inspiring hope to vulnerable communities in the covid19 context; Show best practices in coping with Covid19 fears and uncertainties and Incorporate satire to share key information on Covid19 prevention.
About the Position
- A professional, motivated, and creative Social Media Officer who will be responsible for social media accounts, producing and curating content that reflects communications priorities and key messages and speaks effectively to the audience.
- The position holder will be responsible for monitoring and moderating comments on social media posts, intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide the conversation regarding the COVID-19 Love in time of Corona Project.
- The position holder is expected to be based in Abuja
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Communications Coordinator and will work closely with the media/DMEL team and other project team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support country level social media strategies in response to COVID-19 that allows for large scale dissemination of accurate information to clients and displaced populations in real time
- Support a programmatic social media strategy for COVID-19 response in line with Search commitment to providing accessible, clear and accurate information in this changing environment
- Create, write, and publish trending news content for the centre daily.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in and generate new ideas to draw the audience’s attention
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
- Produce social media content from the field, including photos and short videos.
- Develop high-impact social media content including graphics, videos and other multimedia formats that effectively informs and engages external audiences and supports media and advocacy campaigns.
- Provide social media reports/documentation, analytics and share progress with the communications coordinator.
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
Note: As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.