ASC Energy is an Energy Service Company with the objective to design, develop & build and install efficient, cost effective solutions. ASC Energy leverage access to a global supply chain to focus on solar power systems designed specifically to underpin the power needs of our clients. With a focus on quality, underpinned by access to best in class imported solar equipment and a high level of importance placed on installation execution, ASC Energy aim to ensure deployed systems will provide power security for years to come.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Energy Systems Engineer
Location: Eruwa, Oyo State
Job type: Full time
Resumption Date: Q4, 2019
- Responsible for designing renewable energy solution and project managing renewable energy projects in Nigeria
Overall Purpose of the Role
- End to end execution of solar projects (Rooftop & Ground Mounted).
- Responsible for operational level understanding of the requirement of the client/customer.
- Site Visits to understand feasibility, the candidate must be able to check site feasibility by capturing all power requirements from site and gaining an understanding of usage of equipment to build an energy profile.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of the solar power systems.
- Responsible for building a project plan for end to end delivery of solar energy system.
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
Renewable Solution Design:
- Designing of arrangements of the solar panels for rooftop & ground mounted.
- Develop design specifications and calculate functional requirements for all required electrical infrastructure including:
- Charge controllers,
- Creating layouts & schematic diagrams of system design.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Review specifications and recommend products to achieve solar design objectives.
- Test or evaluate solar equipment and or suppliers of photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules, inverters, batteries.
- Provide technical direction to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
Supply Chain Management:
- Knowledge of supply chain of installers,
- Maintaining of files and documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists.
- To provide with up-to-date weekly / fortnightly status report on projects. Develop MIS and ability to analyse market data
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Have a good understanding of logistics and requirements of clearing equipment from imported from abroad or moving across Nigeria.
- Be able to organize movement of large amounts of equipment across the country.