The Little Beginnings Academy is Nigeria’s pioneer specialist school for children with learning differences. We are on a mission to bring about a paradigm shift in the education of children with learning differences by empowering them with school readiness school using standardized curricula for both academics and therapy. Due to expansion drives and to better meet the needs of the children and families we serve in Lagos (Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Lekki and Ajah axis)
We are currently hiring to fill the position below:
Job Title: Special Education Needs Teacher/Early Year Teacher
Who we are looking for:
- The Ideal candidates will work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide individualized learning/therapeutic interventions to children with learning differences (Autism, Down syndrome, Intellectual Disabilities, Cerebral Palsy, Specific Learning Difficulties, etc.
What you will get to do each day:
- Facilitate individualized learning and/or therapy sessions for children on your assigned schedule
- Develop appropriate learning resources and manipulatives/props
- Plan and execute periodic assessments to learning/intervention
- Complete all necessary weekly reports documenting each child’s progress
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a positive school culture.
- Maintains proper rules, safety and security of students, providing crisis intervention when necessary.