IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, SOX & ITGC
- We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, SOX & ITGC. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that IT General Controls (ITGC) applied to financial reporting are sound, effective, and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate, reinforce and promote SOX & ITGC program standards and approaches for documentation, control design, evaluation, and effectiveness testing.
- Perform SOX ITGC scoping and risk assessment activities.
- Identify, evaluate and document the design and effectiveness of the company's internal controls, looking for both control gaps and opportunities to gain process efficiencies.
- Provide updates to management on relevant SOX & ITGC compliance activities, including timely communication of risks and issues identified.
- Communicate test results and process improvement recommendations to management on time.
- Prepare reports/ presentations summarizing test results and remediation of test exceptions.
- Follow up with stakeholders on outstanding management actions from past projects.
- Engage on an ongoing basis with business process owners on their internal control compliance responsibilities.
- Support Manager-IT Risk & Compliance in overall management of SOX & ITGC program.
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring and resolving internal and external audit findings.
- Develop value-added relationships with process owners and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Evaluate risks and controls for new system implementations.
- Assess financial impact of SOX & ITGC controls and recommend solutions to correct issues identified.
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements to drive operational efficiency and overall effectiveness of the company.
- Liaise with process owners, internal auditors, external auditors and other stakeholders as required.