Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialties Manager
Industry: Oil & Gas
- The Specialties Manager is responsible for the planning, controlling and leading all lubricant sales and marketing activities in the Country., and also responsible for formulating and implementing business and strategic plans (as it relates to lubricants) in all the business areas and integrate new businesses into the existing business, as well as coordinate the advertising and sales promotion of the lubricant brand and identity in the designated market.
Strategy Development, Business Planning & Implementation:
- Take ownership of the overall Market segmentation process and the implementation of agreed strategies on an overall basis periodically update and segmentation study with the Brand and Marketing coordinator.
- Formulate and implement tactical and strategic lubricants plans throughout the targeted business segments with the greatest potential to improve profitability, positioning and market share.
- Carry out market surveys to determine current market position and penetration ; and recommend measures for improved marketing & sales performance
- Grow the business whilst making sure that there is sufficient growth of revenue to maintain profitability.
Business Management & Results:
- Direct responsibility for management and profitable growth of lubricant activities in the Country.
- Direct responsibility for achievement of plans and targets, including operational measures such as market share, Earning, Gross margin contribution, credit control etc.
- Work closely with the Marketing Business Unit, especially Retail/C&I team and grow our market share.
- Review the Country’s monthly Lubricants business and provide commentaries and action plan to both Finance and Planning analyst and Head, Sales and Marketing
- Reports and provides feedback (Market conditions, sales information in Nigeria, prospecting activities, credit terms, competitors’ price, competitors’ data, technical services as driven by the market) to both the Sales & Marketing Manager, the C& I Manager and the Brand Coordinator.
- Leads efforts to regularly communicate the operational excellence focus making sure that every S&M staff, customers, distributors and resellers in Nigeria are fully conversant with concepts, processes and compliance requirements and lubricant knowledge training.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans
Resellers & Distributors Sales And Marketing Responsibility:
- Aggresssively pursue market expansion in the distributor’s channel, private garages, resellers, independent service stations and independent lubricant marketers.
- Carry out a thorough prospect program to gain more resellers and distributors.
- Run economics per account and implement strategies to improve profitability.
- Develop, plan and implement distributors and resellers incentive schemes to improve Lubricants sales in these channels and increase the portfolio.
- Plan and drive sales calls to existing and new resellers and distributors.
- Develop and implement any product offering to attract more distributors, resellers, auto garages, independent service stations and independent oil marketers.
- Act as support resources for all Lubricant related activities in these channels.
- Develop and implement marketing programs to enhance distributors, resellers, auto garages and independents’ fidelity.
- Carry out specific program to identify financially healthy business men and install them as distributors or resellers in remote areas of Nigeria where MRS does not have werehouse.
- Responsible for accounts receivables, credit and collection if any in these channels
Knowledge Management & Networking:
- Grow strong relationships with business and public leaders.
- Communicate regularly with our biggest customers making sure that they are invited to business and social events throughout the year.
- Provide Technical lubricant Product knowledge training for Retail Sales Development Executives and C&I Sales Executive and customers accross the segments
- Implement and monitors corporate safety standards and programs for all customers. Complies with the HSE Corporate standards and incorporates into daily guidelines.
- Ensure Advertisement and Sales promotion spending in the above channels is aligned to marketing plan aspirations by working closely with Brand Coordinator
- Coordinate lubricants identity, brand related product launches, product slate, campaigns, promotions activities with the Brand and C&I Manager.
- Promote and support company image standards