Job Title: SRH Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The SRH Officer, who works under the direct supervision of Damboa Field Coordinator, is in charge to oversee quality and technical aspects through need based formal training, on-the-job training and regular supportive supervision of SRH team members in Damboa, and other feasible means agreed with the Field Coordinator.
- The SRH Officer also technically report to SHR/GBV Technical Advisor based in Maiduguri; as well with the Health Services Quality Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Emergency Response Coordinator and Program Coordinator as needed.
- All technical trainings and supports must be based on up-to-date National guidelines, MDM guidelines and WHO guidelines as needed.
- Conduct SRH focused regular supportive supervision in all target clinics to ensure quality of services, including functional pathway for treatment of obstetric complications and GBV survivors.
- Ensure that all RH activities delivered are in line with national RH guidelines and protocols.
- Ensure that regular on job training and mentorship for midwives in collaboration with SRH/GBV Technical Advisor.
- Support reproductive health interventions, including Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) and establishing integrated RH activities.
- Work closely with Community Outreach Supervisor and organize SRH IEC focused trainings for community Mobilizers.
- Assist the SRH/GBV technical advisor to ensure that appropriate treatment protocols are followed in all MdM operational sites, including CMR.
- Monitor progress of activities according to work plan, identify gaps and propose solutions.
- Ensure that all midwives follow recommended national and international IPC protocols.
- Ensure that MDM SRH services are rendered according to protocols i.e. ANC, PNC and FP and risk factors are identified with proper referral pathway.
- Ensure that patient privacy and confidentiality is respected according to MDM policy.
- Ensure that appropriate health education is offered to clients according to service delivery.
- Ensure that accurate data submitted on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Contribute to SRH data compilation and analysis as an input for evidence-based implementation progress tracking and improvement measures.
- Assist SRH/GBV Technical advisor to ensure that midwives are well trained to manage cases of Gender Based Violence focusing upholding survivors’ rights to dignity and confidentiality; provide direct care when necessary.
- Work closely with SRH/GBV technical advisor to ensure that MDM procedures practically applied for management of SRH pharmaceuticals in the field, including PEP kit; abide with MDM logistical and administrative procedures pertinent to SRH supplies and other inputs.
- In collaboration with the Field Coordinator, attend SRH sub-sector and any other relevant meeting at provincial level.
- Based on needs, the incumbent to will undertake any duties assigned by his/her line manager, and within the scope of MDM work in the country.
Hierarchical & Functional links:
- The SRH Officer is directly under operational supervision of Damboa Field Coordinator; as well as under technical supervision of SRH/GBV Technical Advisor based in Maiduguri.
- S/he also has technical links with other technical advisors and their deputies, health services quality coordinator, health coordinator, emergency response coordinator and program coordinator.