The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Staff Health Officer
- Reviews medical invoices for anonymization and approval of medical expenses.
- Reports to staff health delegate and provides feedback and recommendations on issues related to the staff's health.
- Collects accurate and reliable data on illnesses, accidents and absenteeism, with a view to providing statistics on illnesses and the medical risks taken by all staff.
- Provides advice and support to ICRC staff with health problems.
- Provides advice on the medical needs of ICRC staff during transportation and coordinates medical evacuations from the field to the capital with the staff health delegate.
- Implements and supervises staff health policies and the ICRC HIV/AIDS programme (where applicable) at all sites under responsibility (delegation/sub-delegations).
- Monitoring drugs dispensing to the sites & handle the staff health medical supplies in delegation and sub delegations ( First aid and VTT kits)
- Carries out health briefings for all new ICRC residents’ staff.
- Assesses and supervises living conditions in the delegation and all sub-sites, promotes general hygiene standards (e.g. housing, use of mosquito nets, water filters, hygiene standards of cooks and cleaners, nutritional advice).
- Carries out defusing and creates peer support groups following critical incidents in the field; follows up if further intervention is required