Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior - from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases - by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Consultant for TB Demand Creation
- Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID funded Social behaviour change project with the goal of increasing practice of priority individual health behaviour in target states in MNCH+N, FP, Malaria and Tuberculosis. Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria supports the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy control programme (NTBLCP) in Tuberculosis (TB) related Social and behaviour change (SBC) activities with aim at increasing TB case detection. The project will be implementing TB SBC activities in selected LGAs in Kano State to improve TB case finding and ensure sustained TB programming in spite of current global and national challenges.
Scope of Work:
- The State Consultant will provide required technical and strategic level coordination for TB implementation in the state including programmatic oversight for all BA-N TB demand creation activities in the state.
Specifically, the state consultant will:
- Provide visible project leadership for BA-N TB demand creation activities in the state including partnership management, stakeholder’s engagement and overall coordination of all BA-N TB demand creation activities.
- Provide day to day oversight and supervision to the implementation of the TB demand creation activities in state including supervision of LGA TB consultant.
- In collaboration with the Kano State TB and leprosy control programme, and partners, identify and conduct advocacy to all relevant stakeholders at state, LGA, facility and community level.
- Work together with the LGA TB consultant in the coordination and monitoring of activity across all intervention areas.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for internal and external meetings, workshops, and other program activities as needed with support from the Country Office TB team
- Coordinate distribution of project materials to the relevant intervention sites within the state and ensure effective monitoring and documentation of utilization.
- Monitor implementation of TB activities amongst PPMVs, religious leaders, NURTW and community leaders in the implementation LGAs of the state.
- Identify and resolve issues as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and determining the appropriate application;
- Document the implementation process, success stories and provide key highlights including lessons learned on a monthly basis and submit the same to the Senior program Officer II -TB.