The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Job ID: 13-10929
Location: Cross River
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A576 - PMI - S
Reports to: State Team Director.
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- PMI-S will target eight states of Nigeria, namely: Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Nassarawa, Oyo, Plateau and Zamfara.
- The State Coordinator, Cross River will provide overall leadership and management of the PMI-S project in the state in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable Malaria elimination efforts.
- The State Coordinator will spearhead coordination, implementation and reporting of the PMI-S project in the State and ensure optimal resource management of the project. The State Coordinator will serve as a member of the Project Management Team and will be responsible for overall project performance in the state of primary responsibility.
- Take overall leadership and management of the PMI-S state malaria program.
- Lead the development of an integrated malaria plan for the State.
- Operationalize malaria plan in the State, ensuring efficient coordination of resources to maximize integration and synergy of program areas.
- Guide and manage the achievement of the malaria overall goal in the states.
- Contribute to establish a system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in collaboration with the M&E Advisor.
- Together with the M&E Advisor, support the state HMIS Officer to establish a functional state M&E data system with periodic analyses and review to inform program management.
- Establish a system for timely relevant technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take responsibility for management of the state malaria budget and all other resources under the direction of State Team Director.
- Advocate and represent MSH Malaria project at the highest level in the state on matters of Malaria.
- Liaise and network with relevant malaria partners and collaborators in the state to improve MSH’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda.
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep Senior Management Team informed of state activities on monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as needed.