Iplus Consortium - The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration project which is funded by the Global Fund is designed to improve patient access and availability of medicines - through visibility, control and efficient last mile delivery. The project will also ensure tighter integration of National health commodities supply chains between Federal & State, Donors, Public & Private Sector, and across commodities - HIV, Malaria, TB, Reproductive Health and Vaccines.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Logistics Management Coordination Consultant - Risk and Issue Visibility Consultant
Locations: Gombe, Katsina, Sokoto, Ondo and Kaduna
Reports to: The State Director of Pharmaceutical Services (DPS), through the State LMCU Coordinator and to the National LMCU Task Team
- The key role of the Risk and Issue Visibility Consultant will be to build capacity of State LMCU to collect and analyze logistic data, in order to routinely determine and report all risks and issues at health facilities within the state.
The State LMCU Consultant in collaboration with the NPSCMP, State Ministry of Health and PSM stakeholders in the State, shall carry out the following activities:
- Support the set-up, operationalization and optimization of LGA LMCU units and data collection & reporting to respective stakeholders
- Build the capacity of the LMCU personnel on LMIS
- Ensure the timely receipt and processing of routine reports, which is not limited to: monthly LMIS data, stock status report, forecasting & quantification reports/reviews, etc. (where applicable).
- Conduct appropriate data validation on data collection, collation and content.
- Build the capacity of the designated state Risk and Issue Visibility (RIV) officer to perform the duties of an NSCIP modelled RIV officer
- Prepare and submit RIV report as at when due
- Liaise with the PIC consultant and/or officer to review RIV report and determine appropriate interventions
- Use the RIV report to prioritize monitoring and supervisory visits (MSVs)
- Deploy capacity building interventions, not limited to training, coaching and mentoring, designed to build state LMCU capability to conduct audits, lead operational improvements, educate and train facility staff, collate data, provide reports, apply better inventory techniques and manage performance
- Prepare all periodic reports as may be required by the State and NSCIP
- Prepare State LMCU work-plan.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.