Palladium Group is a privately owned real estate company. Its core businesses are Portfolio and Development investments. The Group invests for its own account and in partnership with private and institutional investors. Its knowledge and expertise allow for a combination of efficiency and quality of life aspects through a global approach to residential and commercial projects. Palladium Group covers all facets of real estate, from urban and architectural design to ownership, development, asset and property management, as well as maintenance of single assets and portfolios. The Company started as a general contractor over a hundred years ago. In the twenties, the Company evolved by beginning to construct several buildings in Paris together with associated property management business activities to enhance and create additional synergies and value for the construction company. Through the years, the Group expanded its activities throughout Western Europe, particularly in Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, as well as the United States and most recently into Saudi Arabia.
Job Title: State Manager - Skills For Prosperity, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- Global Prosperity Fund’s ‘Skills for Prosperity’ is a £75m DFID programme, which seeks to improve the cost-effectiveness, access, quality, relevance and equity of skills through innovative approaches in 9 Middle-Income Countries around the world, including Nigeria.
- In Nigeria, the Skills for Prosperity (S4P) country programme will work in six targeted states to: Improve access to quality Higher Education and TVET for youth and young women, with a focus on improving access to and the quality of apprenticeships, and supporting training institutions to deliver demand-driven, competency-based training,
- Strengthen education-to-employment linkages, and Build the capacity of training institutions to improve outcomes for vulnerable women and people with disabilities.
- Apprenticeships, training, and capacity building interventions will focus on identified high growth sectors of the economy (Agriculture/Agribusiness/agro-allied industries; Creative and Entertainment, and Information and Communications Technology sectors).
- S4P aims to directly benefit 6,000 youth and women in targeted states of Kano, Kaduna, Enugu, Edo, Benue and Lagos.
- We are looking for talented individuals with a relevant track record, and interest or experience in the private sector and skills training. Most of all we are looking for team members with the drive to tackle new and complex challenges and work with us to learn, adapt and deliver sustainable benefits for Nigeria.
- As well as a competitive salary, bonus and benefits, we are an outgoing, creative, and supportive team and offer a personally and professional rewarding environment above all.
Scope of Work
- Responsible for programme management and implementation at state level, reporting directly to the Team Leader
- Lead and manage the programme team in the state
- Oversee and facilitate all S4P skills development interventions in the state
- Lead the development of policy at state level on behalf of the programme
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in state and local government, private sector, academia and in civil society in order to promote and its approach both in-state and in other states, as opportunities arise
- Collaborate with and report to the intervention managers (PSD, Skills and Equity) to ensure successful execution of interventions at state level
- Work with MREL team to assess the impact, demand and feasibility of the interventions and facilitate monitoring
- Feed updates to the Communications and Safeguarding Officer on communications activities and support with developing relevant communications at state level
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Team Leader