AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not-for-profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy in Nigeria but Collectively referred to as AHF-Nigeria. AHF-Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource-constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide. The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Nursing Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: Medical / Healthcare NGO/Non-Profit
Reports to: Senior Regional Medical Manager
- The State Nursing Coordinator would work closely with the State Coordinator/Regional Coordinator in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery in the state.
- He /She will directly supervise the nurses’ cadre in providing topnotch HIV care, treatment and prevention programs. Operational lead of the Nursing care and ART task shifting system within the state, by so doing implement high quality care in line with the direction of the Country office technical leads.
- This position is crucial to the achievement of AHF Nigeria’s programmatic targets and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the state coordinating team, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
- Coordinates the provision of quality nursing care within the state.
- Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Directs nursing care in the state including outpatients, in patients’ care.
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- Acts as a team leader for with the provision and supervision of high quality patient care in AHF supported facilities in the state.
- Audits Chart notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Supervises the provision of patient and family education in AHF supported health facilities.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Provides leadership to nursing team to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Responsible for identifying training needs, conduct capacity building for health care workers in supported health centers.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety, USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the supervisor.