In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: State Supervisors (3 slots)
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The State Supervisor will provide support and technical expertise to the project in the planning and implementation of livelihood entrepreneurship activities. H/she will also provide support in the Prevention of Spread of Covid-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys.
- Develop the methodology to be implemented to support the beneficiaries through their employability and business development training.
- Design and development of activities to improve individual entrepreneurial and employability capabilities.
- Generate and submit period report on monitoring of activities to the PD.
- Serve as liaison person between Head office, field office, the project beneficiaries and communities.
- Supervises the planning, design, implementation and post-implementation evaluation of all entrepreneurship-related trainings (on-the-job and formal) provided to program staff, volunteers or other stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains good relationships and lines of communication with all the stakeholders of the project (relevant local authorities and communities).
- Ensures proper monitoring of all the project field activities under his/her responsibility so as to follow up on the beneficiary’s pathways towards and post business creation: trainings/workshops’ participation, monitoring forms, etc.
- Reports any problems encountered in the field such as project participants’/stakeholder’s complaints to the PD.
- Translate of the official document and communication document (flyers…) when requested by his supervisor
- Ensure accurate implementation of program data forms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.