Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) is a health systems and public health consulting firm providing technical assistance for health systems reforms towards universal access to cost-effective and quality health care across Nigeria and the continent of Africa. HSCL has offices in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Zambia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Team Lead - Nigeria State-Led Strategic Purchasing (SP) For Family Planning (FP) Project
Reports to: The Project Manager
About the Project
- HSCL with support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is implementing a Nigeria State-Led Strategic Purchasing for Family Planning project in Lagos State
- The project involves the provision of technical assistance to state actors to strengthen the strategic purchasing function of the State Health Insurance Scheme for family planning services from private providers, in order to increase access and uptake of family planning services in Lagos State.
The State Team Lead (STL) will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the development and implementation of a work plan for technical assistance to the state based on results of the scoping assessment
- Conduct a needs assessment for family planning (FP) services in the state to identify critical gaps in the benefit package for FP by the LSHS.
- Based on results from needs assessment, support the state to re-design the benefit package for FP and design an approach for scaling up or phasing the inclusion of FP services in the benefit packages for the scheme based on quantitative analysis of an expanded package
- Review and refine frameworks, processes and tools for the scheme including the operational guideline, service delivery models/networks, enrollment, strategic purchasing (SP) and claims management processes with a focus on the FP component for the scheme to reflect implementation realities
- Support the state to develop and implement a roadmap for the operationalisation of the LSHS - which should enable the implementation of the FP component of the scheme
- Support the state to develop frameworks for the selection of Third-Party Administrators (TPAs) who will be contracted for the management of FP and other Reproductive Maternal New-born and Child Health (RMNACH) services including enrollment, SP and claims management for the scheme
- Assess capacity of existing structures, processes and skills of relevant staff relevant agencies and develop and implement strategies/plan to address capacity gaps through on the job mentoring and supervision and training workshops
- Develop a maturity matrix to track progress of capacity transfer and competency of state actors to carry-out functions of the TPA
- Support the development of quality assurance for M&E systems for the scheme and facilitate linkage reporting to state HMIS
- Deliver progress summaries, policy briefs, and technical reports as requested
- Represent the firm at meetings with key government stakeholders and development partners within and outside Lagos.
Stakeholder and Risk Management:
- Develop and update stakeholder and project risk management plan to reflect implementation realities
- Facilitate engagements and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders both government, partners
- Participate in activities implemented by sub-grantees on demand creation and provider readiness on the project.
Monitonng and Evaluation:
- Develop and implement a performance management system to track results.