NERI is seeking to engage qualified nationals for the following position
Job Title: STTA Reporting Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Job Field: Media / Advertising / Branding
- The STTA Reporting Officer is responsible for telling the story of the NLCB program to distinct audiences through the development of compelling communication products. S/he will oversee the production of activity monitoring reports, weekly, quarterly, annual and impact reports, success stories and snapshots. Through close interaction with the activity management teams located across Northeastern Nigeria, the STTA Reporting Officer will enhance NLCB’s ability to understand how its small community-based grants contribute to the larger goal of denying and undermining violent extremist groups in North East Nigeria. This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the Northeastern states. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Reporting Officer reports to the Nigerian Program Manager – based in Abuja.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- In coordination with senior management and with input from Creative HQ Communications, develops an annual communications plan that includes goals, identification of key audiences, channels and outputs.
- Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, coordinates meetings at least once a week with monitoring, evaluation and reporting team in the field offices to define reporting priorities and set timelines for submission.
- Monitor and report on routine program activities and scheduled program events, recording summaries in Activity Notes captured in the OTI Web-based Database.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned and success stories to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field, lessons-learned from previous activities, and changes in the political and economic environment.
- Ensure that reports are in accordance with project communications plans and support project objectives.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Content Production & Dissemination
- Designs and produces communication materials as needed for project activities, including newsletters, press releases and media briefings.
- Takes a lead role in editing the weekly, quarterly and annual report, coordinating reporting from all field offices.
- Develop story ideas based on NLCB activities, interview relevant individuals and produce compelling stories that demonstrate innovation, change, resilience and/or success.
- Identify and manage contractors and/or consultants, such as photographers, videographers and agencies, required to tell NLCB’s story.
- Ensures effective dissemination and distribution of the program’s media products using various approved medium.
- Oversees the execution of integrated communications strategies and campaigns that elevate engagement and awareness among target audiences online and offline.
- In coordination with the Program team, write up to two Project Snapshots per month, according to USAID guidelines and USAID/OTI Country Representative direction.
- Oversees the branding and marking plan for NLCB and works with staff to ensure compliance by the project and appropriate guidance to partners.
- Ensures that all Graphic Design, Photography and Videography activities are in compliance with Creative and USAID’s standards and guidelines.