Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant - Fleet
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Contract type: National contract
- The role of the Fleet Assistant is to support vehicular maintenance and allocation to support and ensure the smooth running of programme and support activities in Yobe base.
- Ensure that office vehicle (both DRC and rented) are checked daily and roadworthy before any assignment.
- Place logbook for each vehicle and monitor records for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that all DRC vehicle particulars are renewed and up-to-date.
- Facilitate timely daily, weekly, monthly vehicle technical inspection with the use of a vehicle checklist.
- Maintain data and update records of all vehicles.
- Ensure that the DRC vehicles are serviced at the due date and preventive maintenance is adhered to.
- Liaise with programme team to have a weekly movement plan and prepare the vehicle allocation accordingly.
- Ensure that daily transport is organized and the driver is assigned based on the requests received.
- Ensure the information of vehicle movement is clear and well communicated to concerned departments.
- Ensure all non-DRC drivers and their company hired know and follow DRC driving policies and procedures and are maintained up to the safety standards.
- Ensure all drivers are inducted well about the engagement of DRC duty and coach them to ensure well behavior and drive safely.
- Take lead on any vehicle servicing work and provide advice and support on vehicle repair to the line manager.
- Ensure regular service schedule and proper maintenance is carried out by liaising with the vehicle garage.
- Report to line manager immediately regarding any accident and security incident related to vehicle management.
- Prepare reports of vehicle usage according to DRC guidelines on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all arrangements for visitors and staff visiting the DRC Nigeria programme in Damaturu are made and communicated in a timely manner.
- Communicate with Maiduguri office and support on vehicle movement, especially kiss movement.
- Manage and maintain the fuel usages for vehicles and as well as office generator.
- Ensure the respect of the Code of Conduct.
- Any other duty assigned to him/her by the supervisor