The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant - Procurement
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Supply chain assistant - procurement reports directly to the Supply Chain Procurement Team Leader She/he must be able to pprovide support to the Supply Chain procurement Team Leader to ensure rapid procurement of all the program supplies, services, work and equipment whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain quotation on behalf of the Supply Chain procurement Team Leader
- Conduct small purchases (single quote) and prepare the payment request
- Follow up the deliveries by relaunching regularly the suppliers
- Update the procurement tracker on a weekly basis and the supplier list at the request of your Line Manager.
- Update the supplier list at the request of your Line Manager.
- Make sure that the purchase files are well organized in the procurement cabinet
- Archive the purchase file after payment per project
To be successful in this role we expect you to be honest, able to manage a team, strongly motivated by humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented.