DRC - The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons in 40 countries across the globe. DRC was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with 9,000 employees and 7,500 volunteers.
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer - Procurement
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
Band: NM-H Step 1
Start date: As soon as possible.
Contract length: 12 Months with possibility of extension.
About the job
- The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for the procurement of programme goods, services and works and supporting improvements in procurement functions.
- The position reports on procurement information to the Supply Chain Team Leader-Procurement (SC TL) regularly Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects cost-effectively and transparently in line with DRC and donor-specific policies, in collaboration with the SC TL
Assist in liaising with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Ensure that all Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, RFQ and ITBs are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
- Regularly review, update and share the information management databases and trackers to the SC TL
- Prepare the RFQ and ITB relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender), reports for procurement & tender committee review.
- Participate in the evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in the selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods, services and works and to ascertain the conformity of the item to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Maintain and update suppliers list using the Supplier Profile and Registration Form.
- Participate and facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process
- Assist in the strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, the filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors
- Ensure purchased assets are registered in the inventory database and liaise with the Assets department
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance promptly
- Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases
- Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids
- Conduct duties by DRC Nigeria programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties by DRC Code of Conduct.