The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer (Project Manager) Nigeria, P4
Requisition No: 102163
Background and Organisational Context
- The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) signed an agreement in September 2017 that seeks to accelerate on-the-shelf availability of health commodities through sustainable solutions across 17 countries over 3.5 years.
- SOLVE (Supply Optimization through Logistics Visibility and Evolution) is a new and innovative approach to strengthening health supply chains and directly responds to the clarion call made through Agenda 2030, SDG 17 ‘Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development’.
- This initiative provides a unique value proposition uniting WFP’s global supply chain talent, knowledge and global network with the BMGF’s expertise in health and private sector supply chains.
- As the Supply Chain Officer (Project Manager), you are responsible for determining the strategic direction and implementation of SOLVE project in Nigeria for WFP. You will develop country-specific frameworks to increase supply chain maturity across the health supply chain by directing evaluations, proposing solutions and leading the implementation of solution-based interventions in three core areas:
- Private sector retail
- Public sector health
- Technical markets
- You will be based in Abuja, Nigeria, and will report to the Head of Supply Chain in the WFP Nigeria Country Office. To ensure consistency of the implementation of SOLVE across the 17 countries, you will coordinate on technical matters with the Global SOLVE Cell in HQ, and the Global Project Coordinator of SOLVE will provide input to your performance evaluation.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Lead and oversee health supply chain mapping across Nigeria, including identifying and analyzing key (private, public, institutional and operational) strategic partners.
- Lead the development and implementation of work plans to increase supply chain maturity across priority areas, which includes identifying interventions and overcoming critical supply chain constraints.
- Lead a team of supply chain experts, ensuring appropriate development and enabling high performance.
- Coordinate with global workstream leads to identify the current processes, needs and gaps of health supply chains across Nigeria, and participate in the country's supply chain maturity evaluations, technical market assessments and retail assessments.
- Foster relationships with key health supply chain actors and SOLVE partners to ensure a global cohesion and contribution towards health supply chain maturity.
- Analyze country context and lead the design and management of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks, to proactively mitigate and/or address dynamic supply chain challenges and obtain operational optimization.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovative initiatives through analyzing best practices from the humanitarian and development fields, academia and private sector.
- Represent the SOLVE project at key meetings with diverse stakeholders ensuring messages are delivered in the appropriate technical language. Be the catalyst to rally stakeholders for action on common supply chain issues.
- Drive continuous improvements by leading and facilitating workshops which are platforms for advocating change.
- Nurture a culture of innovation within the health supply chain.
- Ensure the effective achievement of key performance targets.
- Deploy supply chain training plans and initiatives.
- Any other duties as required.