Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
Malaria Consortium is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Location: Kebbi and Niger
Length of contract: 3 years
Role type: National
Travel involved: Yes
Child safeguarding level: Tbc
Reporting to: Zonal Project Manager/State Delivery Officer
Direct reports: None
- The Supply Chain Specialist will work to ensure that all drugs and commodities received for the GF programme are properly documented, distributed and accounted for as per the signed agreements and in a timely manner.
- The Specialist would liaise very closely with the donors, principal recipients (PR), third party logistics (3PL), State Ministry of Health (SMoH), health facility staff and other stakeholders in quantifications, distribution plans, last mile distribution and management/reporting of all donated drugs and commodities.
- S/he would ensure that all drugs and commodities recompilation data are collected, analysed and available on time.
Scope of work
- Under the supervision of the Zonal Project Manager/State iCCM Delivery Officer, the incumbent is responsible to
- Support the efforts on improving MC supply chain implementing, monitoring and performance measurement
- Coordinate activities of all drugs and commodities procurement for MC in Nigeria in the programme state
- Support the provision of technical assistance to government partners to identify their bottlenecks in collecting, communicating and using data to improve their drug and commodities supply chain system (state, LGAs and health facility and community levels).
Key working relationships
- The Supply Chain Specialist will be a member of the programme implementation team and report to the Zonal Project Manager/State iCCM Delivery Officer and other project staff in delivering programme workplan.
Supply Chain (70%):
- Ensuring that the supply chain team meets the needs of the programmes in a timely manner and does so in accordance with donor requirements, MC policies and procedures
- Responsible for assets and inventory management meeting programme needs, eliminate losses and inform accurate and timely reporting
- Ensure that compliance monitoring processes are developed and effectively implemented
- Work with programme staff to ensure procurement planning and identification of operational support needs
- Ensure proper tracking of master agreements and contracts to ensure availability of up to date and accurate information.
- Verify that supply chain policies and procedures are documented, disseminated and consistently applied within the state of operation; and updated when needed
- Confirm that storage facilities comply to warehousing standards
- Ensure smooth relationship with Country Office and Supply Chain Managers
- Provide regular feedback to the country Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
Capacity building and Partners support (10%):
- Organise and provide support to SMoH on supply chain management at state, LGA and health facility/community levels to improve commodity recording and reporting