DRC - The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons in 40 countries across the globe. DRC was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with 9,000 employees and 7,500 volunteers.
Job Title: Supply Chain Team Leader - Procurement
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
Band: NM-H Step 1
Start date: As soon as possible.
Contract length: 12 Months with possibility of extension.
The Procurement Team Leader reports directly to the Area Manager. She / He must be able to ensure rapid procurement of all program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Maintain standard DRC procurement policies and procedures and ensure that procurement (from a single quote to Request for Quotation threshold) is conducted in a fair and transparent manner, is fully documented and is in full compliance with DRC policies and any relevant donor policies
- Do the local procurement ensuring accountable and efficient procurement service providers to program and support departments.
- Ensure that the lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods is followed up and achieved.
- Ensure that the procurement tracking is regularly shared with the different requestors
- Respect and maintain the filing system from the receiving of the purchase request to the payment
- Assist the Procurement Specialist in the tendering process
- Manage the Officers and Assistants
- To be successful in this role we expect you to be honest, able to manage a team, strongly motivated by humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented.