United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply & Logistics Specialist, (P-3)
Job Number: 529163
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Temporary Appointment (364 days)
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
For every child, Hope
- Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager and technical guidance of Chief Supply & Procurement in the country office, the Supply & Logistics Specialist will be responsible for the supply chain operations including planning, procurement, contracting, storage, distribution and monitoring of UNICEF’s supplies in the states of Borno and Yobe in North-East Nigeria.
- She or he will advise on all matters of supply and logistics and closely collaborates with programmes in defining supply interventions to meet programmatic needs, and provides technical and advisory support to government entities and partners on supply chain management issues.
How can you make a difference?
- Ensures appropriate processes and systems are in place to ensure efficiency of the supply and logistics operations.
- Responsible for procurement of commodities and services, and monitoring of all upstream supply activities at the Field office level.
- Participates in Country Programme planning at Field Office level to advice on supply and logistics requirements.
- Works closely with programme colleagues on forecasting. Provides technical advice on specifications/Terms of Reference, facilitating efficient procurement.
- Initiates procurement process at Field Office level and ensures development of appropriate evaluation criteria, solicitation, evaluation of offers, negotiation and formulation of contracts and long-term arrangements (LTAs) with suppliers and contractors.
- Establishes appropriate processes adjusted to emergency and local context, while respecting UNICEF procurement principles and policies.
- Maintains links with Supply Team in Abuja on transnational shipments, deliveries, claims and appropriateness of supplies.
- Ensures accurate evaluation of supplier performance on the basis of quality of services rendered, product acceptability and delivery record
- Plans design and implements appropriate logistics system including warehousing, transport and distribution. Supervises warehousing operations and ensure accountability on stocks.
- Guides and coaches section staff (Logistics, Construction and Procurement staff), provides strategic direction, ensures knowledge sharing in section as well as with programme sections, partners and UNICEF global supply chain community.
- Conducts field visits to out posted offices or project sites, to monitor supplies and propose actions to improve logistics arrangements.
- Accountable fore supervision of the construction unit activities, contribute to the planning of construction projects, define and lead strategies of implementation of construction projects in an appropriate and effective manner as to safeguard UNICEF's interests.
- Ensures technical input/documents to bidding processes are developed and selection of suitable contractors, issuance of contracts including adequate contractual provisions are timely done appropriately.
- Coordinates and leads sites monitoring with construction Team, ensure timely and quality completion of works and lead arrangements for hand over to beneficiaries/Govt counterparts, and ensure proper reporting.
- Verifies contractors’ performance and oversees the management of construction contracts as expected.