Chemonics International is recruiting for Sourcing Strategy Advisor
Job Title: Sustainability Advisor
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Sustainability Advisor for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States. The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment;
- Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria with intermittent local travel. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Under supervision of the Chief of Party, oversee the development and writing of project sustainability and transition plan within first 180 days.
- Liaise with project technical teams to review and revise activity designs to ensure maximum sustainability and ability to be transitioned to local actors.
- In consultation with government stakeholders, design and plan for innovative financing mechanisms to transfer health workers and other key interventions to government funding in the future.
- Assess both needs and capacity of government entities to take on funding and management of HIV interventions.
- Regularly travel to Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano, and Yobe States to provide direct support.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.