ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years. ipNX currently provides a range of communications and IT services to Corporate organizations within Nigeria on its IP (Internet Protocol) based communications network using both radio and satellite communications technologies. As part of its growth strategy, ipNX seeks to also extend its services to small and medium sized businesses and residential customers. In the long term, ipNX has determined that it needs also to have a strategic presence in the wire line market to ensure that we will be able to provide future services, which require high bandwidth in the last mile.
Job Title: System Analyst / Developer - OSS / BSS
Job ID: 72
Department: Information Systems and Technology
Function: System Analysis and Software Development
Reporting to: Head, Information Systems & Technology
Travel Frequency: Occasionally
Purpose of the Job
- Primary responsibility for the development and support of the OSS / BSS platform and its integration with other systems and applications.
Expected Key Results:
- Develop and build software and applications.
- Ensure feasibility and usefulness of projects.
- Periodic project status reports
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Minimum 2.1/ Upper Credit Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems or any related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- Hands-on experience with Perl programming, Linux, Postgres RDBMS, and Apache web server required.
- Demonstrated experience developing database-driven web applications using PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, or Java, a plus.
- Previous experience in Telco OSS / BSS software, such as Freeside and FreeRadius, a big advantage.
- Strong integration skills.
- Good understanding of web application development using HTTP REST, software standards, software development life cycle and methodologies.
- Knowledge of software development process, quality control, and impact assessment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in mobile platforms, internet technologies and user interface.
- Experience working in a multi-platform (LINUX, Mac-OS and Windows) environment.
- Experience working with version control systems (Subversion, Git).
- Strong team player.
- Ability to mentor less experienced engineers.
- Solid problem solver.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new toolsets, technology and concepts.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects effectively, deal with changing priorities, and to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to present information and ideas clearly and succinctly and to explain various application software and hardware to end users.
Interested and qualified candidates should address their Cover Letters to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Human Capital Management,
Note: All Pre-service & I.T Internship Cover Letters should state the duration of the internship.