FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the "Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems & Network Administrator
Location: Owerri, Imo
- FINCA Nigeria is recruiting an experienced, motivated and hands-on individual for Systems & Network Administrator Position.
- The position reports directly to the Head of IT or as may be assigned, and is responsible to ensure that the network backbone and shared resources including servers are configured and maintained in a manner that will provide smooth operation of the IT infrastructure that supports the MIS of the organization. These include designs, documentation, implementation, maintenance and support of the network infrastructure to achieve the required efficiency and to maximize downtime as per SLAs.
- The System & Network Administrator is also responsible in ensuring system stability, security and maximum uptime. Monitors access to system resources, tracks connectivity and security problems. Analyzes problems and implements solutions according to organization’s procedures.
- Performs circuit and network troubleshooting to diagnose system problems; analyzes system functionality; identifies, locates, and resolves complex network problems to ensure minimal disruption of critical applications. Monitors and reviews system log reports and network documentation. Resolves and repairs problems within scope of authority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with FINCA Services Africa, design and recommend appropriate Network Infrastructure and technologies for FINCA Nigeria,
- Installation and maintenance of network resources such as routers, switches, firewalls and system software applications, including remote site deployments as required.
- Installation, configuration and updating network server software upgrades, file sharing and domain security protocols.
- Configuration and managing servers
- Design and manage Active Directory
- Setup, manage and enforce group policies and network security policies on the LAN, WAN and Internet
- Installation and maintenance of corporate email systems.
- Ensures availability of the network resources at all times
- Investigate problems with network components and hardware and ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken
- Oversee and maintain content filtering solutions
- Install and maintain network cabling
- Install and maintain fiber where applicable
- Provide technical advice as required for system planning.
- Developing and maintaining network standards and keep all documentation related to the network infrastructure.
- Regular and timely reporting and escalation of all network related problems to all relevant parties.
- Working closely with outsourced vendors to implement and manage the network infrastructure
- Develop good working relationships with other members of the team and vendors
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.