The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
Job Title: TAAT Technology Transfer Officer
Tracking Code: 20120380
- IFDC North and West Africa is seeking to recruit a dynamic and highly innovative Technology Transfer Officer for the implementation of its TAAT Soil Fertility Compact. A flagship initiative of the African Development Bank, the “Multinational – Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT)” program strives to radically transform African agriculture into a business by deploying new crop and livestock productivity-increasing technologies across Africa.
- TAAT’s priority intervention areas are commodity/livestock value chains (rice, wheat, cassava, sorghum, millet, potato) as well as enablers that address cross cutting issues. IFDC provides leadership for the TAAT Soil Fertility Compact to deliver improved soil fertility technologies at scale for the targeted TAAT crops and livestock value chains. The components of the TAAT Soil Fertility Compact are threefold:
- Component 1: Facilitate a responsive private sector-led input delivery system to support the scaling up of agricultural inputs-based technologies.
- Component 2: Facilitate access to finance and markets to catalyze a large-scale adoption of inputs-based technologies
- Component 3: Upscale proven inputs-based technologies (e.g., FDP, MD, and Soil-SMaRT technologies) in cassava, maize, rice, sorghum, and millet value chains.
- The TAAT Soil Fertility Technology Transfer Officer will be based at the IFDC office in Abuja, Nigeria. The successful candidate will work closely with the TAAT Soil Fertility Compact Coordinator and will actively contribute to the implementation of the Upscaling of Agricultural Inputs-based Technologies for Accelerated Productivity Growth, Resilience and Improved Livelihoods in targeted countries of Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Tanzania, Mali and Nigeria as well several satellite countries across the Continent. S/he will be supervised and report to the TAAT Soil Fertility Compact Coordinator.
- Oversee and manage all technology transfer-related activities.
- Assist the TAAT Soil Fertility Compact Coordinator in the day-to-day management and implementation of Soil Fertility Compact activities in close collaboration with country value chain implementation teams to expand the scale and reach of the program.
- Actively participate in the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated technical reports for the Soil Fertility compact for onward submission on schedule to the PSC.
- Assess and evaluate technologies to be disseminated.
- Lead the implementation of technology transfer activities and annual work plans
- Monitor implementation of activities with partners.
- Responsible for ensuring the technical assistance/services provided by international and local experts are technically sound and appropriate.
- Organize workshops/meetings etc. with partners/stakeholders as and when needed.
- Organize meetings/seminars and conduct practical training courses on technology transfer mechanisms for partner scientists and extension workers.
- Analyze, summarize and interpret data.
- Establish and update documentation on technologies disseminated and feedback received
- In the absence of the TAAT Soil Fertility Compact Coordinator, prepare and present the activities, results, impacts and outcomes of the Soil Fertility compact at professional, donor and other stakeholders’ meetings.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the TAAT Soil Fertility Compact Coordinator to meet the objectives of the compact.