Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teacher Education Advisor
Job Ref.: TEACH01644
Job type: Full-time
- The seven-year PLANE project, funded by the Department for International Development (DfID), is a flagship basic education programme to be implemented in Nigeria starting next year. The Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) project will directly support improved learning of foundational skills for children in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa states and indirectly benefit children in those states and nationally, to enable better learning outcomes including for marginalized groups of children.
- Creative Associates is seeking a Teacher Education Advisor who will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support activities at the state level.
- The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Team Leader.
- Lead integrated state and Local Government Education Authorities, State Universal Basic Education Board, and School Based Management Committee working groups and steering committees in the following tasks:
- Identification of education priorities
- Assessment of education standards
- Review and strengthen instructional quality and teacher performance assessments
- Strengthen instructional quality standards
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed;
- Manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas;
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data, financial information, etc.;
- Lead regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting; and
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.