ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years. ipNX currently provides a range of communications and IT services to Corporate organizations within Nigeria on its IP (Internet Protocol) based communications network using both radio and satellite communications technologies. As part of its growth strategy, ipNX seeks to also extend its services to small and medium sized businesses and residential customers. In the long term, ipNX has determined that it needs also to have a strategic presence in the wire line market to ensure that we will be able to provide future services, which require high bandwidth in the last mile.
Job Title: Team Lead, Planning & Design, Wireline
Job ID: 65
Function: Planning and Design
Reporting to: Head, Planning & Design
Travel Frequency: N / A
Purpose of the Job
- To produce designed documentation that supports the OSP infrastructure deployment.
Expected Key Results
- Timely delivery of outside plant design
- First level support to team members
- Resource management
- Vendor delivery supervision
- Deliver cost efficient outside plant designs.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Computer Engineering and other related disciplines (Minimum of Second Class Lower/Upper Credit)
- Fibre Certifications: CFOT with emphasis on FTTh Technologies would be an added advantage
- Competent in working with geospatial information system applications – QGIS, ArcGIS
- Competent in the use of spreadsheet applications to perform wide ranging analysis – LibreCalc, Microsoft Excel
- Competent in the use of Computer Aided Design tools – AutoCAD, FreeCAD
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principle involved in production or precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Programming knowledge and experience or should have a strong predisposition for programming - Python, Java, VisualBasic, etc
- Conversant with regulations, rules and conventions as stipulated by National and local Regulatory Authorities – LASIMRA, FCDA, NCC, etc
- Hands-on knowledge of GIS applications - QGIS.
- A Team Lead with at least 2 years’ experience in managing sizeable and diverse teams.
- Proficient use of fibre testing and handling tools – OTDRs, splicing machines, etc.
- Experience in working through the planning and design life cycle with internal teams - conceptualization, plan, surveys, design, design documentation.
- Experienced in supervising third party contractor teams through the planning & design life cycle.
- Experience in conducting Demographic Survey and analysis for outside plan coverage.
- Experience in Technical Site Survey for fibre Outside Plant deployments.
- Knowledge of planning for Central Office & Inside Plant deployment.
- Ability to produce and report site survey outcomes.
- Ability to translate results of Demographic and Technical Site surveys into planning scenarios.
- Experience in producing Outside Plant and Inside Plant expansion designs and all associated reports as may be required.
- Hands-on experience in managing third party Outside Plant design contractor teams.
- Spatial appreciation and dimensioning of built environment and use.
- Proficiency in use of GIS applications – Google Earth, Open Street Map, Open Street View.
- Thorough understanding of fibre cable technologies.
- Data acquisition skills using field notes and mobile e-form applications.
- Fibre plant maintenance & customer activation
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning
- Ensures Accountability
- Develops Talent
- Drives Engagement
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Excellent Decision Quality.
Interested and qualified candidates should address their Cover Letters to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Human Capital Management,
Note: All Pre-service & I.T Internship Cover Letters should state the duration of the internship.