The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader/Capacity Development Specialist
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center - Program.
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Duration: Twenty-Two (22) Months
Building Resilience Through Sustainable Agriculture Phase 2 Project:
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the project funded by European Union and German Government through GIZ (Journey to Self-Reliance - JSR). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Lead the efficiency and management of Office Operations and timely delivery of programs support.
- Ensures compliance to all work ethics, resources management and provide exemplary leadership.
- Coordinate timely programs reporting working with officers and other specialists.
- Organize and oversee the implementation of the project training/capacity building, in line with the priorities identified by the project and partner institutions.
- Ensure the inclusion and consistency of capacity development plans in the overall project work plan and deliverables.
- Identify and organize collaborative partnership with trainers/consultant or capacity development experts, including professionals from GIZ programs, to meet the demand and objectives of the project.
- Facilitate the network of capacity building experts on training and mentoring, in consultation with the Project Director.
- Ensure coherence and synergies of the project’s intervention with the overall strategy of JSR in terms of capacity building and high performance.
- Initiate, lead and follow relevant partnerships with Ministry of Agriculture, AADP and GIZ, in order to support and pursue sustainable trainings for the targeted departments/units.
- Ensure the sharing of experiences and dissemination of good practice in capacity development.
- Design and develop training modules to support and respond to project needs.
- Develop a range of specific sustainable training on Agricultural produce value addition and emerging markets approaches and strategies.
- Coordinate/align training modules to direct beneficiaries of the project "learning by doing";
- Organize, implement and monitor other capacity utilization programs especially coaching and mentoring.