The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor - HIV Epidemic Control and Sustainability
Supervisor: NACA DG
Duration of contract: 13 months
- The Technical Advisor HIV Epidemic Control and Sustainability is expected to provide technical expertise to DG NACA and his team for achieving a sustainable HIV epidemic control.
- He/she will be responsible for providing technical support for coordinating the national HIV response and validating progress towards attainment of UNAIDS 90:90:90.
- S/he will work with relevant units of NACA to provide guidance on HIV treatment and prevention programs, monitoring and evaluation, and performance appraisal to inform policy decisions.
- S/he will also provide support to the Director General for the effective organizational management and collaboration of national response donors, implementing partners and civil society organizations.
- Provides technical advice and recommendations to DG NACA on strengthening the national HIV/AIDS response for effective epidemic control.
- Review available resources (such as NAIIS results, trends in program performance, successes and challenges) and provide advice in the development of strategic documents (such as NSPs) and operational.
- Provide technical support in the conduct of period in-country program reviews -identifying key programmatic areas/interventions for analysis, review and discussion
- Identify programmatic areas that are lagging behind on service coverage (such as PMTCT & EID) and initiate dialogue and actions
- Provide technical support to relevant units of NACA for monitoring, evaluating strategies and validating progress and contributions of HIV treatment and prevention programs towards attainment of UNAIDS 90:90:90.
- Support the development of sustainable models for HIV treatment and preventions in different population groups.
- Support the conduct of IBBSS 2019 and Key Population size estimation
- Identify opportunities for HIV/AIDs response program growth, innovation and research, and advise the Director General
- Identify institutional capacity building and technical support opportunities for NACA
- Support the Director General to review technical and programmatic reports and proposals and provide technical advice to support decision making
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the NACA DG