KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor, PMDT
- KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, a USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health.
- The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the Position
- In the position of the Technical Advisor PMDT you provide in-country technical coordination of programmatic management of Drug Resistant TB activities in the region (Nasarawa, Niger and Benue state).
As Technical Advisor PMDT you will:
- Monitor the diagnosis and notification of drug-resistant (DR-TB) patient in collaboration with KNCV Program Officers, State Quality Assurance Officers (QAOs) and State DR-TB Focal persons
- Ensure proper work-up of DR-TB patients before enrollment on treatment (baseline investigations, patient consent forms, complete and correct documentation of an R&R tools, line listing and e-TB manager
- Promote a patient-centered approach and ensure enrollment of DR-TB patients on treatment in the community
- Ensure monthly ODP evaluation for clinical, laboratory and radiological review (retrieve and document all results)
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of second line anti-TB drugs, commodities, social welfare support to DR-TB patients, and ambulatory treatment using existing channels
- Provide sufficient pharmacovigilance to al patents ( monitor and document all ADRs)
- Ensure proper documentation of the records of DR-TB patients on ambulatory treatment and follow-up with treatment outcomes of the patients on ambulatory treatment
- Promote DR-TB prevention and infection control through the use of proper channels
- Strengthen collaboration platform and linkage for regular follow-up clinical visits and laboratory evaluations/state DR-TB review meeting
- Promote and support effective coordination and referrals of patients for ambulatory and hospital based DR-TB management
- Participate in PMDT joint supportive supervisory visits to ensure quality of care/funds disbursement from enrollment to treatment completion
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.