COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor - Social Protection
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Duration: 3 months
Starting Date: ASAP
- The Technical Advisor Social Protection is responsible and will lead the technical design and ensure technical quality of Social Protection component of the project.
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, he/she provides overall technical oversight to the EC/EU funded integrated project and supports project consortium partners for technical design and quality of Social Protection activities;
- He/She ensures coordination with consortium partners’ components such as conflict management, peace building and livelihoods;
- He/She works with consortium lead and partners to maintain and update technical part of social protection component;
- He/She drives critical assessments, validates targeting and conduct baseline and coordinate with other actors and the Yobe State government;
- He/She designs and conducts Youth Labour Market assessments during the inception phase of the programme to ensure the programme specifically considers the differing needs of all sections of the community;
- He/She conduct value chain assessments and exploring specific constraints in otherwise viable market systems that can improve access to and participation in select agricultural and livestock value chains for marginalized populations, and improves the delivery and access of critical goods and services;
- Technical Advisor Social Protection will conduct an initial mapping of the existence, criteria and quality of safety net services in each of the LGAs;
- He/She oversees Social Protection component and ensures that livelihood and conflict management and mitigation activities are phased so that coping capacities built through Social Protection activities become strong adaptive capacities;
- He/She works closely with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor hired by lead consortium partners that to ensure oversight for all monitoring and evaluation across all activities and implementation;
- He/She prepares a ToT package including Training manuals and training-of-trainers to be shared with relevant agencies to ensure that trainings can be stepped down post project life cycle;
- He/She designs and provides training and technical assistance to build the capacity of government agencies;
- In cooperation with the Project Manager, finalizes the data provided by his/her team, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- He/She coordinates the overall social protection component: supervises the its effectiveness and efficiency; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of activities;
- He/She represents COOPI with the local / State authorities, consortium lead and partners;
- He/She follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- He/She performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.