Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Lead - Health System Strengthening - Nigeria IHP
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- USAID/Nigeria envisions an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- The activity will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- This program will also need to work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels.
- Works closely with subsequent TO key personnel providing strategic guidance, vision, planning, and implementation for successful HSS initiatives and activities of the project;
- Provides technical expertise on HSS, covering the six building blocks to HSS;
- Supervises HSS technical staff in state offices and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all HSS activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts;
- S/he oversees HSS activities, provides technical direction and support and ensures results for project activities.