HRLeverage - Our client is an indigenous Oil and Gas company with strategic engineering support services for local and multinational oil and gas companies within the upstream, mid-stream and the downstream.
They are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Marine Operations Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports To: Marine Operations Manager
Responsible for the overall management and technical operations of our fleet. This includes:
- Overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking
- Overall responsibility for managing vessel Day to day operations to ensure 100% fleet uptime, within budget
Vessel Management (Technical):
- Monitor, manage and report the day to day technical operation and performance of assigned vessels, in conjunction with the on -board management, to ensure that applicable requirements for safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental objectives are met.
- Acts as the first point-of-contact and interface on all technical vessel matters
- Prepares Vessel Technical Budget for approval and ensures compliance with budget.
- Estimates and plans budgets for fleet maintenance in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Manages critical vessel equipment/spares optimally.
Vessel Maintenance (Planned & Preventive) and Repair Management:
- Attends to and supervises assigned vessels and crew for timely port turnaround and shipyard repair activities.
- Ensures that all vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed according to the management requirement and optimally operational and fit for service.
- Investigates all reported deficiencies, non-conformities and defects and takes corrective action to ensure all are cleared to prevent operational delays on all vessels.
- Tracks and ensures on-board crews complete ‘day-to-day’ Planned Maintenance System (PMS) programmes and M&R activities (mainly preventive) of all vessels to maintain the proper operational status of the vessels and to enforce zero downtime.
- Identifies potential causes of defects, investigates and analyses reported defects, taking corrective & preventive actions in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Inspects equipment lists and tests to ensure that all equipment to be used are indeed wellmaintained and in excellent working condition
- Co-ordinates and ensures planned and non-routine maintenance and repairs are carried out and concluded within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Ensure to have strong Technical and Project Management skills.
Vessel Monitoring and Report Analysis:
- Monitors and analyses the technical status of all vessels and uses information there from to prepare a biweekly executive summary for the Operations Manager.
- Ensures the design, monitoring and update of both maintenance plans and maintenance documentation and reporting systems where and when necessary.
- Ensures that all maintenance and repair tasks comply with Company’s and Client’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Cooperates with regulatory bodies to ensure that requirements for alterations, repair, or modifications are done at the most cost effective and safest manner.
- Plans dry-dock scope and duration with minimal disruption to vessel operating schedule.
- Sources for cost effective and qualified dry-dock vendor.
- Ensures dockyard, ship builder and other parties involved in the dry-dock collectively and individually endorse the planned dry-dock duration schedule.
- Ensures critical parts needed for the dry-dock are in the company warehouse or with the dry-dock vendor prior to commencement of the dry-docking exercise.
- Carries out and supervises the dry-docking of vessels.
Vendor Technical Relations:
- Evaluates all spare parts requisitions received from vessels and monitor the efficient and timely supply of all spares required for the proper maintenance and safe operation of the vessels.
- Handles warranty claims for vessels where applicable.
- Liaising with clients, crew and local stakeholders.
- Appoint and manage subcontractors for vessel maintenance and services.
Charter Technical Audits:
- Supervises all technical Charter audits and investigations on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance.
- Acts as interface on all contractual, marine and nautical matters, and pro-actively develops Client relations.
- Ensures that all vessels comply with class society.
- Ensures full compliance with Port State control.
- Plans, controls and executes all activities connected to class survey and certificate requirements and builds and maintains effective liaison with relevant authorities.
- Controls and monitors that assigned vessels are ready for use and certified.
- Undertake any other Technical related assignment as and when required.
Training and Development:
- Trains the technical staff (where applicable) to effectively act as a redundancy.